Sunday, August 19, 2007

Raising the bar

I received a great E mail the other day from Thom in California. He was responding to the post I put up about the raids and the senior boys wildness that followed. As it turns out, modern day pranks were a bit tame compared to those from "back in the day".

Thom described one prank that occured during lunch. A crew of four maintenence counsellors, apparently led by an esteemed former camp director snuck down to the Girls Shack and applied a coat of fresh paint to all of the toilet seats. I am presuming they were wooden seats at the time. This prank occured not long after the same seats had been wrapped with Saran Wrap. Thom explained that the counselors were infuriated. I would say that they were tired of being the butt of so many pranks (sorry, I just couldn't stop myself)

Another spectacular prank that he related was the theft of the girl counselors undergarments. They were found later in the mess hall freezer. He did not say whether or not they had been soaked and frozen into a cube....now that would have been cold! (oops, I did it again)

Perhaps the master touch was the story of how an enterprising counselor took a tape recorder and bugged the womens restroom that the girl counselors used at Pex. I can just imagine when they had the closing camp party and that tape was played back.

Now those were the days.

Bob

No comments: