Tuesday, August 7, 2007

...and to have everyone in our Fort Scott Family...

Legacy

I was thinking today about how Fort Scott was not only a family place, but families came and worked there, and some marriages got their start there as well. It would be interesting to find out how the percentages of families working at say Proctor and Gamble, would have compared to the families that came through Fort Scott. I have no doubt that the Fort Scott Families had a far greater positive impact on the campers, staff and parents than you could find anywhere else.

I don’t know of very many marriages, but let me list them and maybe all of you can help fill in the blanks:

1. Tim and Ellen (Hilliard ) Buell ( I miss you old buddy)
2. John and Carolyn (Schmidt) Farmer
3. Mike and Heidi (Theobald) Strong
4. Terry and Pam (Gray) Fazenbaker
5. Mark and JoAnne (Wolf?) Maxwell

I know there are dozens more, they just don’t come to mind right now.

Here is a list of all the families I can remember, and I definitely need help with the names:

1. Mark Maxwell, JoAnne Maxwell, Lynn Wolf
2. Tom, MaryAnne, and Laura Beiting
3. Steve, Ted, Carol, and Sue Leonard
4. Bernard, Steve, and Kathy Sinchek
5. Doc Schroeder and his nephew….?
6. Katie, Steve, and Sandy Ratterman
7. Rose, Stephanie, and Jessica Vesper
8. Eric and Evan Frayer
9. Mike and Jeff Kirschner
10. Sarah Oswald, and her brother….
11. Ed Shannon and his family
12. John, Richard and George Stenger
13. Terry and Mark Fazenbaker
14. Megan and Ian Jones
15. Missy and Trip Edwards
16. Bill, Kay, and Karen Morrisey
17. Pat, Ed and Tom Fairbanks


*****Note: if anyone does not want their name to appear on this blog, please contact me and I will remove it immediately******

No comments: