Wednesday, August 15, 2007

the continuing Saga


Matt was one of those campers that had been around Fort Scott for so long, and was such a good kid, that everyone knew him. In a lot of cases, he knew the programs better than some of the new counselors. I had the pleasure of knowing Matt when I was a counselor and also as an Administrator.

What is really neat is to hear back from him after so long. One of the things that I wish I had been better at as a counselor was getting to know the kids on an individual basis; where did they go to school, what did they want to be when they grew up, how many brothers and sisters, what did their parents do for a living, etc. I have always wondered how things turned out for “my kids.”

Some of them, I had legitimate reason to worry, others I knew were going to be successful no matter what they chose to do. From reading Matt’s letter, I know that he fit into the latter category.

So let’s hear from some other former campers. Those of us who were on staff would love to know where life took you after Fort Scott.

Bob

No comments: