Friday, August 31, 2007

First Time for everything

Fort Scott was loaded with firsts for me

It was the first time I slept in the forest under the stars
It was the first time I rode a horse or even touched one
It was the first time I dove off the high dive into a pool
It was the first time I ever kissed a girl
It was the first time I ever played mud football
It was the first time I was ever away from my parents for more than three days
It was the first time I ever signed a contract
It was the first time I ever got a paycheck
It was the first time I ever kissed a woman on stage (sorry Katie)
It was the first time I ever stayed up all night long just for the fun of it
It was the first time I ever at White Castles and smoked cigars (and thankfully the last)
It was the first time I ever had a crush on a girl so badly that I couldn't sleep
and it was the first time I ever cried because I had to say goodbye to a friend.

Happy Labor Day Weekend

Bob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continue to say the very things I think about...I had loads of "firsts" in my 8 years as a camper. Those days are still so fresh in my memory...don't you miss it?!?!
Beth~

Troubador said...

Beth, your comments have given me a great idea for a post. This next one is for you.

Bob