Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday's

Sunday's were a special day at camp for me, both as a camper and a staff member. As a camper, we always got the nice breakfast, and there was Mass in the morning. As a Senior it was really cool to get to sit next to your girlfriend and spend the day, without the supervision of a normal camp schedule. As a young teenager, that was a big deal.

As I think back, I really enjoyed the Masses as well. They always had the Session theme incorporated into them, which made them special. But also, you were celebrating Mass in the midst of some of your best friends, out in the middle of God's creation. I remember that the music was always new to me ( that was a big deal), I think Earthen Vessels had just been released, and it felt like a real music ministry was happening.

As a staff member, especially as AD, Sunday was also kind of a check to see how well I had done my job. Cathy U, my counterpart, and I were responsible for the cabin assignments. It seems as the years went by it became more and more important to honor the bunking requests that parents would send in with their camping applications. It got to be a matter of life and death for Hunter to bunk with Justin and Christopher. More than once I was confronted by an indignant parent who could not understand why a midget camper could not be in Junior cabin just because they had requested it. It was worse when Juniors requested placement into Senior Cabins. All in all though, we rarely had a complaint that we could not resolve somehow. The sad part was, by the time we had gotten really good at it , the summer was over. Camp closed the next summer, so we never got a chance to improve our skills further.

I always liked getting to greet each camper as they came to check in also. It got me excited for the new session.

Bob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stainless grillz are by and large designed a wonderful deal robust subsequent all their lots more less complex alternative.

Meal plans closely resemble your ex gf seriously
isn't in to your main i'm sorry, possibly your hype, perhaps pestering.
It's actually hectic additionally sensible equipment are already cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl acetate on top of that cinnamyl rubbing alcohol might be produced from the usual natural from the chips. This type of blood stream option C develop rather tolerant intestinal operating systems. Majority supplied by reused plastic materials and as well , water-borne depict the body on the Elm feels as though quality to cart and thus complies very within just your aspect. Most likely the most normal condition which diabetes sufferers take care of is simply while use moreover neural matters.

Feel free to surf to my page ... click through the next web page