Friday, September 7, 2007

Indian Reservation

I have debated for most of two days whether or not to post this video. I don't have the means to post songs by themselves, so I have to rely on YouTube.

My purpose was to bring back memories of the Indian Pageants that I attended. These were always my sessions of choice. I have been disappointed lately with the misplaced hyper- sensitivity that we have been subjected to regarding Native Americans and their traditions. I in no way want to discuss politics here. But it makes me wonder if we would be able to even think about having an Indian Pageant the way we used to.

The way I remember them, we were always taught to be respectful of the customs that we were re enacting. I doubt they would be percieved that way today.

There were several other songs that we used. Does anyone remember what they were?

Have a great weekend.

Bob

No comments: