Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleeping arrangements

So who decided which bunks were the cool ones to sleep in and which werent? When I was a counselor, I always slept in the bunk that was on the bottom and to the right of the door when you went in. It seems like most of the counselors chose this same arrangement. Was this because it got the best breeze? Or was it easier to sneak in after bed check without waking your kids?

It seemed like there were prefered spots in the cabins for the campers as well. You didn't have as many choices when you were in a cabin on the hill, but there were definitely prefered bunks in Senior 1. My first year in Senior 1, the bunks of choice were the farthest from the doors, on the bottom. I was stuck in the bed right next to the door. Although I got the best breeze at night, I also nearly drowned during the raid that period. After that, I chose the bunk on the counselor end in the corner, on the bottom.

The only thing that was better was when I was actually a counselor in Sr. 1 and got the counselor corner. I even brought my stereo and had a dresser. That was really living the good life.

Bob

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I can definitely say the reason for my wanting bottom bunk to the right of the door was due to the probability that I was going to be coming in late!!
Wow, what memories...
S.