Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sell out

I didn't feel much like posting this weekend.

Every radio station I turned on was playing the same advertising....

"Come walk through our model homes. Bring the kids. A great time for the whole family. Take a balloon ride to get a real perspective of your new neighborhood. Close to the interstate, and local mall. South Western school district. Homes starting at $295,000.00"

I would post a link to the adds, but I am not gonna help them.

Holy ground sold to the highest bidder.....sigh


Bob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the ads, too...and since I live in Colerain Twp., I'm also constantly driving by the signs that are posted all over the local roads...I can't *stand* it!
I can't help think about the movie "Poltergeist..." maybe those homeowners in the new FS development will have to endure the wrath of FSC's hallowed grounds?! LOL...

beth~

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what it would be like to still live in the area. I live in SW KY now and the fine people from Douglas Homes sent me a post card via email for the new development.

Naming their upscale sub-division Fort Scott and then using the I Love Fort Scott cyber list as a way to garner sales leads takes heinous to a new level. I counted to 100 in Sanskrit then politely pointed out most Fort Scotters would rather never see what camp has become.

We can't blame them for putting up a housing development. Blame for the loss falls squarely on an arrogant and unrepentant Archdiocese. But I can be angry they are rubbing my nose in the fact that my heart's one true home went up in flames so that people can boost the housing market.

Okay, I guess I'm better now.

Lt Col Don Koehler