Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Letter to Beth- Sept. 18,

Dear Beth,
I have purposely stayed away from the "whys" regarding why Camp really was closed. I don't think we will ever know for sure, but I will go to my grave believing the following:

1. The air, soil, and water at Fort Scott Camp were clean
2. The insurance company "requirement" of a disclaimer in our brochure was suggested, not mandatory.
3. The low pre-registration numbers that were blamed for Fort Scott's closing were either deliberately mis-stated, or else could have been corrected with a minimal PR effort.
4. Fort Scott was an asset to be sold in exchange for cash to pay for settlements to children abused by priests.

As I have grown older, I have become deeply distrustful of lawyers, insurance agents, and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. In my heart I believe that this all was carefully orchestrated among the three parties in order to deal with the scandal that they knew was coming.

I also find it revolting that someone would use names of Fort Scott icons to try and sell houses built on desecrated ground, and I intend to write to them and tell them so.

Bob

No comments: