Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Cabins

The first cabin I stayed as a camper was 15. I did not start at camp until I was 11, so the midget camping experience was something that slipped by.

The next summer for whatever reason, I was in Senior 2. There were only 3 seniors in the cabin that period, and they travelled with the rest of the seniors. We juniors that were in Sr. 2 throught we were the kings of our age group. Maybe we were.

After that, I spent the next three years in Senior 1. Fortunately, or unfortunately I was not around when they gave the cabins actual names. Somehow Sassafrass just doesn't seem as manly as Senior 1.

I run the names of the cabins through my head now and then because I am afraid I will forget.

1. Alder
2. Buckeye
3. Chestnut
4. Dogwood
5. Elm
6. Fir
7. Gum
8. Hickory
8.5 How could we forget the 8-1/2?
9. Ironwood
10. Juniper
11. Knotty Pine
12. Linden
13. Mountain Ash
14. Norway Maple
15. Oak
16. Redbud ( Sometimes know as the Rock)
17. Sassafrass (Senior One in my heart)
18. Tamarack (Senior Two, and maybe more impressively, Midget World)

How many did you remember?

No comments: