Friday, July 20, 2007

"I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle..."




During my time as a staff member at camp, I think I was in every department except for maintenance and kitchens, but my favorite was riding. Maybe it was because I love animals, or the really great people that worked there. It also could have been the kids, who would show up wide eyed looking at these beautiful animals.




Probably it was a mixture of that and many more things. The interesting part is that there are certain horses that I remember probably as well as I remember the staff members. Certainly I will always remember Tom Murphy and Sue Luncan, and Dale Siegal and Mike Strong, Heidi and Heather Theobald and Michelle Lamont and John Farmer and others. But I also remember Stripe and Midnight and Blackie and King, and Mojo and Lady and MIT and Cadence.




They had personalities as distinct and memorable as the people that cared for them and I miss them all.


Thanks to Allen McConnel for the image that I stole from "I Love Fort Scott"




Peace




RJS


No comments: