Thursday, November 8, 2007

10 Things..CIT Shack

Ten things I remember about the CIT shack are....

1. The porch was the second best porch in the whole boys camp. You could lean back in a chair and rest against the wall, with your feet up on the rail

2. The men from the riding staff loved to use our bathroom

3. The speakers from the boys lodge seemed to be pointed directly at my door.

4. Bobby, one of the other CITs during my stay could throw a lawn chair over the roof

5. The lights from cars coming into the parking area at night would always shine right through my door

6. Tom Beiting had a really cool bachelor pad on his end. We didnt go in there, and as a matter of fact, I am not sure that he was ever there very much.

7. Since it was so far away from the other cabins, we were spared the raid that year

8. It was a really cool cabin, because it was shaded even on the hotest days. However you had to walk really far to get a drink

9. There was a brand new riding trail they were breaking behind the cabin that led to the tennis courts

10. You could hear my stereo all the way to the mess hall. The kitchen guys told me this.


Bob

No comments: