Saturday, July 28, 2007

Every job has its perks....



For me, one of the really nice advantages to being an AD of the Boys camp was that I went on every canoe trip. I am not sure that they needed me there...maybe it was a ploy to get rid of me for a few hours.


Anyway, for me there was nothing better than a few hours drifting down the Whitewater river watching our campers have a great time and soaking up the sun.


I made it a point to be in the lead canoe because it held the food and drinks, so nobody would dare tip us. There was always one of the girls staff members in the canoe, so the company was pleasant as well.


I really miss the cold bologna sandwiches that we would eat while pulled up on a beach somewhere along the way. But I miss the peaceful hours the most.
Morgan's Canoe Livery has really expanded their operation since 1988 and they have a nice website as well.
Bob


No comments: